Re: [Gen-art] [regext] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration-11

Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 15 October 2019 17:52 UTC

To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Jiankang Yao <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org, draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org
From: Joel Halpern Direct <jmh.direct@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:52:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] [regext] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-regext-bundling-registration-11

If we do not have agreement on what the meaning is for the relevant
terms, then either
1) The document should not be an IETF consensus document (which even
Informational publication is)
or
2) The document should be Experimental, indicating explicitly that there
is ambiguity in the terms, and one of the points of the experiment would
be to find out if that matters.

Yours,
Joel