Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-12

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Mon, 26 October 2020 20:22 UTC

Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 13:21:58 -0700
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Göran Selander <goran.selander@ericsson.com>
Cc: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>, Olaf Bergmann <bergmann@tzi.org>, "draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize.all@ietf.org>, General Area Review Team <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ace-dtls-authorize-12

Hi Göran, Paul, Olaf,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I agree with Göran's original assessment that the language referring to
7049bis does provide enough information to have a deterministic encoding
for the HKDF inputs.

As such, I don't think pull #28 is needed, and would prefer that it was
reverted (the specific wording doesn't do a great job indicating that the
whole list of requirements is "normative", to the extent that any example
can be normative).

Thanks,

Ben