[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis-03

Joel Halpern via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 27 December 2019 01:16 UTC

From: Joel Halpern via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-call@ietf.org, draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis.all@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 17:16:48 -0800
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis-03

Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review result: Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis-03
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 2019-12-26
IETF LC End Date: 2020-01-17
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

appropriate, from the RFC.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues: N/A

Nits/editorial comments:
    I presume that bits within a byte are still interpreted in the normal
    fashions since we do not work in terms of the serialization of bits on a
    wire, and in fact different wires may do it differently.  This does leave
    the question of how bit fields are interpreted when they describe bits
    within a byte.  Thus, I assume that the "last block" flag is the least
    significant bit of the first byte of the block header?  And
    Literals_Block_Type is the least significant two bits of the first byte of
    the Literals_Section_Header?  (I presume that the use of little-endian
    encoding is due to existing practice, and therefore presume it is what this
    needs to describe.)   Should this be stated more explicitly?