[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info-10

Matthew Miller <linuxwolf+ietf@outer-planes.net> Mon, 24 July 2017 21:02 UTC

From: Matthew Miller <linuxwolf+ietf@outer-planes.net>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: curdle@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info.all@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 14:02:39 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info-10

Reviewer: Matthew Miller
Review result: Ready with Issues

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info-10
Reviewer: Matthew Miller
Review Date: 2017-07-24
IETF LC End Date: 2017-07-30
IESG Telechat date: N/A

This document is ready with an issue.

I found this document very coherent and easy to follow.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

My only issue borders on nit, but sided with nit as I can see it
potentially causing confusion for an implementer in the future.

Section 2.5. "Interpretation of Extension Names and Values" explicitly
states in the second paragraph a condition where the relative order of
extension-names in an EXT_INFO message is irrelevant.  However, the rest
of the section seems to imply to me that relative order is not important;
so to explicitly call out a scenario seems to imply that relative order
*is* relevant/important, sometimes.  If relative order is expected to be
important most of the time, I think it helpful to explicitly state that
and give a rationale for it.

Nits/editorial comments:

* RFC 5226 is referenced by this document, but is obsoleted by RFC 8126.