[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06

Stewart Bryant via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 28 April 2022 17:20 UTC

From: Stewart Bryant via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, sidrops@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:20:14 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Issues

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2022-04-28
IETF LC End Date: 2022-04-29
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

perspective, and from that viewpoint the only issues that need addressing are
the matter of the obsolete RFCs that are called up without reference to their
status and any necessary mitigations. Once this matter is addressed the draft
is ready for publication.

Major issues: None

Minor issues:
======
Nits fulls up three errors:

  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 2385 (Obsoleted by RFC 5925)
  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 5246 (Obsoleted by RFC 8446)
  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 8208 (Obsoleted by RFC 8608)

The first is covered by an explanation in the text of the draft, but the other
two are not.

I am not sure what the right what the technology and deployment issues are in
moving the the newer RFCs, but there is not text as far as I can see noting the
obsolete nature of RFC5246 or RFC8208, nor any comment on their replacement by
RFC8446 and RFC8608 respectively.
======

Nits/editorial comments: None