Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-07

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 17 December 2015 02:16 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Russ Housley' <housley@vigilsec.com>, draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture.all@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:07:18 -0500
Cc: 'IETF Gen-ART' <gen-art@ietf.org>, "'BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A'" <db3546@att.com>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-07

Russ:

I am following up on your GEN-ART review Last January.  It has taken us a
year to make sure we handled the security issues raised by the sec-dir
review.  We created two new requirements documents focused on security:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requiremen
ts/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-security-environment-reqs/

In addition to our security requirements, we defined requirements for the
protocol regarding publication of notification streams, ephemeral state, and
logging/traceability.

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-traceability/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state/

Please review this with the following I2RS requirement documents, and this
improved architecture document.  All documents except the I2RS protocol
security environment and the draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral state have passed WG
LC.  The ephemeral state simply needs to indicate what NETCONF minimum
features need to be implemented.

These minimum NETCONF features for I2RS will be described in detail in a
protocol-strawman (which is still to be published).

See my answer to your specific the comments inline below.   Thank you for
your patience, but we wanted to provide the security documents.

Sue