[Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-09

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 29 January 2016 16:18 UTC

From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:17:58 -0500
To: draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement.all@ietf.org
Cc: IETF Gen-ART <gen-art@ietf.org>
Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-09

by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-09
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2016-01-29
IETF LC End Date: 2016-02-10
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Thank you for handling the comments that I provided on -04.

Major Concerns:

There are several references to [I-D.ietf-i2rs-architecture].  The
dependency on this document is pretty significant.  Please consider
making this a normative reference.

Minor Concerns:

Section 5 includes a requirement for multi-channel.  I would expect
policy to dictate that some writes come from a specific source.  The
document already covers authentication and authorization, but it is
unclear to me whether I2RS can require that a particular write request
arrive on a particular channel.  Is this desirable?  If so, please
expand the discussion of authorization to cover this point.

Nits:

Sometimes you say "I2RS Agent" and other times you say "I2RS agent".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

Sometimes you say "I2RS Client" and other times you say "I2RS client".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

In Section 2: s/ define is a set of / define a set of /

In Section 3: s/ values for parameters / parameter values  /

In Section 4: s/ provide only the current / only provide the current /