[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-04

Christer Holmberg via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sat, 06 June 2020 09:27 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, dots@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 02:27:14 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-04

Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-04
Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review Date: 2020-06-06
IETF LC End Date: 2020-06-15
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

do have a couple of minor editorial comments that I'd like the authors to
address.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

Q1:  Please expand DOTS on first occurence.

---

Q2:  The Security Considerations say:

   "This specification does not allow to create new filtering rules,
   which is the responsibility of the DOTS data channel."

Unless I missed it, I think it would be useful to state this also earlier in
the document, e.g., in the Introduction.

---

Q3: The Security Consideration say:

   "The security considerations discussed in
   [I-D.ietf-dots-signal-channel] and [I-D.ietf-dots-data-channel] need
   to be taken into account."

I think it is obvious that those security considerations need to be taken into
account. I would suggest to re-phrase, and say something like:

   "The generic security considerations for DOTS signal channels are
   defined in   [I-D.ietf-dots-signal-channel]. The generic security
   considerations for DOTS data channels are defined in
   [I-D.ietf-dots-data-channel]. This Section defines the security
   considerations that are specific to the DOTS extension defined
   in this document."