Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x-39

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@folly.org.uk> Wed, 06 January 2016 02:07 UTC

To: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>, Tom Haynes <thomas.haynes@primarydata.com>
From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@folly.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 02:07:03 +0000
Cc: General area reviewing team <gen-art@ietf.org>, William.Adamson@netapp.com, draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x.all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x-39

Hi, Tom.

The existence of draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update was pointed
out to me this evening.  After a cursory read I realised that
SETCLIENTID had been MNI'd in 4.1 so that there is a minor infelicity in
the comments in minorversion2-dot-x (and in 4.1).

The comment here:
>     /// /*
>     ///  * Program number is in the transient range since the client
>     ///  * will assign the exact transient program number and provide
>     ///  * that to the server via the SETCLIENTID operation.
>     ///  */
>     /// program NFS4_CALLBACK {
>     ///         version NFS_CB {
>     ///                 void
>     ///                         CB_NULL(void) = 0;
>     ///                 CB_COMPOUND4res
>     ///                         CB_COMPOUND(CB_COMPOUND4args) = 1;

is not correct for versions 4.1 and 4.2.  The program number comes from
CREATE_SESSION or BACKCHANNEL_CTL in versions 4.1 and 4.2.

Please update the comment to reflect the current situation.

Cheers,
Elwyn