Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art Last Call/Telechat Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-variable-export-09

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com> Thu, 26 November 2015 15:38 UTC

To: Colin McDowall <cmcdowal@Brocade.com>, General area reviewing team <gen-art@ietf.org>
From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:38:22 +0000
Cc: Paul Aitken <paitken@Brocade.com>, "draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-variable-export.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-variable-export.all@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art Last Call/Telechat Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-variable-export-09

Hi Colin and Paul.

Thanks for your responses.  I think -10 clears up most of the points
below.  There is one point and a query that don't seem to be addressed:

> s5.4.2, last para and Figure 5:  It would be helpful to remind people that the
> value 0xffff/65535 indicates variable length encoding  per RFC 7011 Section
> 3.2 and that the RECOMMENDED use of variable length encoding for
> mibObjectIdentifier fields is indicated in subsequent figures by placing 65535
> in the relevant length fields.  ******Presumably Collector implementations  MUST
> accept a specific length encoding in the usual IETF spirit!  It might be worth
> being explicit about this (this might usefully be said in Section 8).******

PJ: done.

Thoughts on an addendum to s8?

s5.7.2: is there any need to explain how withdrawal is achieved?  I am not an
IPFIX expert so I am not aware how the withdrawal might be achieved.

Does this need to be explained or a reference added?

Cheers,
Elwyn