Re: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10

Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> Mon, 18 January 2016 11:35 UTC

To: gen-art@ietf.org
From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:35:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-codec-oggopus-10

Hm. I was confused. This document is about embedding OPUS (a
standards-track document) inside of OGG (an informational); I was
thinking of the precedent of embeedding video formats (informational at
best) inside RTP (a standards-track), with the document specifying the
embedding being standards-track.

So the precedent is not a precedent. My apologies.

(I don't have a strong opinion on which way it should go, and am happy
to let the desire of the authors be a guideline.)