Re: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-08

"Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com> Mon, 26 February 2018 07:08 UTC

From: "Huangyihong (Rachel)" <rachel.huang@huawei.com>
To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, "gen-art@ietf.org" <gen-art@ietf.org>
CC: "draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics.all@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, "xrblock@ietf.org" <xrblock@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:08:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.153.152]
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-08

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the comment.

I propose to change the last paragraph of 5.2.2 from

"
The following metrics can also be considered for WebRTC's Statistics
   API: number of discarded key frames, number of lost key frames,
   number of discarded derived frames, number of lost derived frames.
   These metrics can be used to calculate Media Loss Rate (MLR) of MDI.
   Details of the definition of these metrics are described in
   [RFC7003].  Additionally, the metric provides the rendered frame
   rate, an important parameter for quality estimation.
"

"
The metrics in this category includes
: number of discarded key frames, number of lost key frames,
   number of discarded derived frames, number of lost derived frames.
   These metrics can be used to calculate Media Loss Rate (MLR) of MDI.
   Details of the definition of these metrics are described in
   [RFC7003].  Additionally, the metric provides the rendered frame
   rate, an important parameter for quality estimation.
"

This change is to just talk about the metrics itself, so as to avoid any confusion that readers may have. The fact is that the W3C has already included the metrics, and made an informational reference to this document.

If the proposal looks good to you, we'll reflect it in the new version.

BR,
Rachel