[Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-04

Christer Holmberg via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 11 June 2021 07:58 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, mpls@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 00:58:42 -0700
Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-04

Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review result: Almost Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-04
Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review Date: 2021-06-11
IETF LC End Date: 2021-06-21
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

However, I do have a few editorial comments that I would like the authors to
address.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues: N/A

Nits/editorial comments:

Q1:

The Abstract and Introductions says:

   "This document proposes the code point to be used in the Segment ID
     Sub-TLV and Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV when the IGP is OSPFv3."

I suggest to say "specifies" or "defines" instead of "proposes".

Q2:

Would it be more clear to call Section 6 "Update to RFC 8287"?

Q3:

Section 6 says:

   "This document specifies that the above code points will be used only for
   OSPFv2."

I suggest to be more explicit, and say something like:

   "This document updates RFC 8287, by specifying that the "OSPF" code points
   will be used only for OSPFv2."

Q4:

Section 7.2 adds a note to the IANA registry for the existing "OSPF" code
point. Should this specification also be added as a reference for the existing
"OSPF" code point (in addition to RFC 8287?