Re: [Gendispatch] I-D Action: draft-halpern-gendispatch-antitrust-00.txt

Jay Daley <exec-director@ietf.org> Tue, 07 September 2021 01:56 UTC

From: Jay Daley <exec-director@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 13:55:51 +1200
Cc: GENDISPATCH List <gendispatch@ietf.org>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Subject: Re: [Gendispatch] I-D Action: draft-halpern-gendispatch-antitrust-00.txt

Great thanks.  Incorporating your comments and Stephen’s, my new list is:

1.  Rob wants section 5 rephrased from recommending the avoidance of certain discussions, to warning people about certain discussions.  Mark makes a similar suggestion but with some items remaining as avoidance recommended and some rephrased to warnings.

2.  Lloyd points out that he would be unable to voluntarily share his compensation and benefits details (this possibly wraps into 1. above)

3.  S. Moonesamy points out that "dominant position" should be better explained as relating to participants whose employer maybe in a dominant market position.

4.  Rob wants to hear from an actual lawyer (in case there’s any doubt - I am not a lawyer) that the phrase "This document does not contain legal advice" is a meaningful legal phrase, while Brian recommends the alternative "This document does not constitute formal legal advice".

Have I got it correct this time?

Jay