[Geojson] Was: Requests for comments on GeoJSON Events draft

"Little, Chris" <chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk> Wed, 11 January 2017 18:50 UTC

From: "Little, Chris" <chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk>
To: Matthias Müller <Matthias_Mueller@tu-dresden.de>, Joan Masó <joan.maso@uab.cat>, 'Carl Reed' <carl.n.reed@gmail.com>, "temporal@lists.opengeospatial.org" <temporal@lists.opengeospatial.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:50:44 +0000
Cc: "GeoJSON@ietf.org" <GeoJSON@ietf.org>
Subject: [Geojson] Was: Requests for comments on GeoJSON Events draft

HI Matthias, Joan, Carl, etc,

Belated Happy New Year (Gregorian).

I think it would be useful if the GeoJSON Event people were aware of the revamped W3C Time Ontology that is in the pipeline. The latest Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/sdw/time/ . Of course they may be very aware of it anyway.

There may be a vote to release it for public comment as an official W3C First Public Working Draft later today.

The ontology should give a stable persistent framework for attaching a variety of temporal attributes to other entities, while allowing a variety of calendars and temporal reference system to be used unambiguously.

Chris