Re: [Geopriv] HELD: user-configured data

Henning Schulzrinne <Henning.Schulzrinne@fcc.gov> Wed, 29 April 2015 15:41 UTC

From: Henning Schulzrinne <Henning.Schulzrinne@fcc.gov>
To: "'Rosen, Brian'" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:40:47 +0000
Cc: "geopriv@ietf.org" <geopriv@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Geopriv] HELD: user-configured data

Brian,

The "UA provider = service provider" may have been true in the past, but you are familiar with efforts on VRS to create a uniform (multi-provider) VRS SIP UA. Yes, there's a reason for my question...

It would be really nice if a user didn't have to update multiple location databases manually, each via their own web page.

Henning