Re: [grobj] Referral definition and its purpose?

Sheng Jiang <shengjiang@huawei.com> Thu, 27 May 2010 09:23 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:23:03 +0800
From: Sheng Jiang <shengjiang@huawei.com>
To: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
Cc: grobj@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [grobj] Referral definition and its purpose?

于 2010/5/27 8:21, Dan Wing 写道:

Dan,

Your description is a subset of my definition of referral. At this very
beginning, I do not want limit us that narrow.

You have described a specific way how referral information may be
transferred - through an existing channel between two parties.
Obviously, there are many ways to pass the referral information. I am
not sure we are in the stage to discuss it in details now.

If your motivation here is to simplify my three-party decription into
two-party model for easy understanding, I can agree. But I still prefer
to leave the referral information transfer mechanism out of the referral
basic definition.

Try the below description:

Referral enables a communication initiator to aware relevant information
of its destination entity in order to launch a communication channel.
This referral information can be obtained through existing communication
channel between these two entities or from thrid-party entities.

Cheers,

Sheng