Re: [grobj] Referral definition and its purpose?

"Dan Wing" <dwing@cisco.com> Thu, 27 May 2010 04:31 UTC

From: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
To: 'Keith Moore' <moore@network-heretics.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 21:31:33 -0700
Cc: grobj@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [grobj] Referral definition and its purpose?

Two party case is easier to understand and conceptualize.
This covers a *huge* number of important cases.

Then, in a later section number of the same document, we
can explain 3 party case.

> also, the referred-to path doesn't have to be more direct
> than the path over which the referral is taking place.

Sure.

But my point is that it is a *different* path than the
signaling path.   I agree the path could be longer and
could go around the moon - twice.

Do you have a better way to represent that in ASCII that
gets the point across?  Picture worth a thousand words
and all..

-d