Re: [GROW] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut-13

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 19 January 2018 15:21 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Jay Borkenhagen' <jayb@braeburn.org>, bruno.decraene@orange.com
Cc: grow@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 10:21:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [GROW] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut-13

Jay:

First of all - I'm fine with whatever you decide.   I do not want to delay
the publication process. This is an important specification for operators.

On just logging, the question is whether GROW wants to suggest to
implementations that there should be implementation knobs for logging.
How/when/where - logging gets set is an implementation detail.

If Grow wants that, you can add in a 1 sentence during RFC editor process.
This is language is useful for specification to be clear on what knobs the
users expect.  If Grow does not care, then leave it out.

Logging could eventually use the "push" yang modules - but that's for IDR 's
yang modules.   As to alarms,  agreed.  Not a good idea.

Thanks for the response.  I'm sorry my review was delayed.

Sue Hares