Re: [GROW] [Sidrops] operator inputs -- route leak solution

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 23 March 2017 13:00 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Brian Dickson' <brian.peter.dickson@gmail.com>, 'Randy Bush' <randy@psg.com>
Cc: idr@ietf.org, draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection-mitigation.authors@ietf.org, grow@ietf.org, 'sidr wg list' <sidr@ietf.org>, sidrops@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 08:54:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [GROW] [Sidrops] operator inputs -- route leak solution

Brian, Sriram and Randy:

<IDR co-chair hat on>

Let me suggest we take the rest of this discussion on these IDR two drafts offline from IDR.  The IDR Chairs noted  when the draft-ietf-idr-route-leak-detection mitigation was adopted  that there was overlap between you two documents.  We also noted interests in both technical approaches.  We asked to you provide a combined document that the chairs could present to the IDR WG.  This IETF is a wonderful time to work on this project.   Chicago has many fine establishments in which to discuss this combined document.

I suggest we focused on the technical issues on the IDR mail lists.  For discussions of IDR on the grow list, I suggest that we listen to the valuable input from the operators on what their needs and ask clarifying questions.

<IDR co-chair hat off>

Thank you,

Sue Hares