Subject: [GROW] Mahesh Jethanandani's No Objection on charter-ietf-grow-04-05: (with COMMENT)
From: Mahesh Jethanandani via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 May 2025 14:16:11 -0700
List-Id: Grow Working Group Mailing List <grow.ietf.org>

Mahesh Jethanandani has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-grow-04-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-grow/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Paragraph 10
> *  Standardize YANG data models and automation building blocks
>    related to the operations of global routing system.

Wouldn't the WG where these routing protocols are being defined be the right
place to do this work, with GROW providing the input? And, the YANG data models
should already be defining the operational aspect of the protocols.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NIT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Paragraph 1
> The working group will document the operational aspects of
> measurement, monitoring, policy, operational global routing system
> security, or safe default behavior of global IP routing protocol
> implementations and deployments.  The GROW working group will also
> develop and increase awareness to mitigations to prevent malpractice
> (e.g., route leaks) in the global routing system.

Too many "operational" words in the first sentence??