Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-15.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 16:24:57 -0700
List-Id: Grow Working Group Mailing List <grow.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-15.txt is now available. It
is a work item of the Global Routing Operations (GROW) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   AS Path Prepending
   Authors: Mike McBride
            Doug Madory
            Jeff Tantsura
            Robert Raszuk
            Hongwei Li
            Jakob Heitz
            Gyan Mishra
   Name:    draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-15.txt
   Pages:   13
   Dates:   2025-04-23

Abstract:

   Autonomous System (AS) path prepending is a tool to manipulate the
   BGP AS_PATH attribute through prepending one or more Autonomous
   System Numbers (ASNs).  AS path prepending is used to deprioritize a
   route in the presence of a route with a shorter AS_PATH.  By
   prepending a local ASN multiple times, ASes can make advertised AS
   paths appear artificially longer.  However, excessive AS path
   prepending has caused routing issues in the Internet.  This document
   provides guidance for the use of AS path prepending, including
   alternative solutions, in order to avoid negatively affecting the
   Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-as-path-prepending-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts