[GSMP] RE: GSMP WG Status

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com> Thu, 11 December 2003 17:02 UTC

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
To: Kenneth Sundell <ksundell@nortelnetworks.com>, avri <avri@psg.com>, gsmp <gsmp@ietf.org>
Cc: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:58:20 +0100
Subject: [GSMP] RE: GSMP WG Status
Sender: gsmp-admin@ietf.org

GSMP WG members,

I think this WG should be closed:

- The below message was posted to this WG list Nov 9th.
- We are now 1 month further, I have seen virtually NO reaction to it
- Alex and I have spoken with WG chairs at IETF with the implied
  message that I am ready to shut down the WG.
- Your WG chairs defended VERY SERIOUS why the WG should continue
  and that WG pariticipation would IMPROVE imminently (such was
  promised back in the Vienna IETF also).
- But I do not see any of that happening.
- I do see that Avri delivered on the revision of the base spec
  (albeit with a note that yet more changes are needed)
- It cause two comments, but basically resulted in discussion of
  GRMP.
- Other authors have not lived up to any promises
- I see no volunteering for the docs that have no editor/author.

I will be speaking with rest of IESG to close the WG.
I cannot support the claim that this WG is actually a Working Group.

Thanks,
Bert