[HASMAT] moving forward

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> Fri, 20 August 2010 18:07 UTC

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:10 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
To: hasmat@ietf.org
Subject: [HASMAT] moving forward

Following up on the successful BoF we held in Maastricht, I'd like to
keep us moving toward formation of a working group. Here are some open
tasks:

1. Chairs. Tobias Gondrom (currently co-chair of the LTANS WG in the
Security Area) has stepped forward to volunteer and I think he'll make a
good co-chair. Thanks, Tobias! However, we need someone to work with
Tobias, preferably someone with (a) more experience in the Applications
Area and (b) strong knowledge of HTTP. Please contact me if you're
interested or you would like to suggest someone else.

2. Charter. We had some feedback at the BoF about charter revisions,
especially focusing on the three drafts under immediate consideration
and removing the text about developing a long-term framework for web
security. Jeff or Hannes, could you send updated charter text to the
list for discussion?

3. Name. Some people have said that "HASMAT" isn't very descriptive of
the subject matter, and that we might want something like "WEBSEC". As
long as folks don't think "WEBSEC" means that we'd be working on
everything under the sun related to the security of the web, I'd be fine
with a name like that. Other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre