Re: [HASMAT] moving forward

Tobias Gondrom <tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org> Mon, 23 August 2010 14:59 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:59:17 +0100
From: Tobias Gondrom <tobias.gondrom@gondrom.org>
To: hasmat@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [HASMAT] moving forward

 Hi all,

just a quick introduction for the ones who might not already know me:
Currently living in London, UK (timezone UTC/GMT+1). My background is in
Web application security, where until recently I spent the last couple
of years heading the security department of an ISV. I've been
co-chairing the LTANS WG in the security area for a couple of years
until this September when we successfully finish its work and close it.
Over the years I became a big fan of "rough consensus and running code".
;-) For me these principles helped a lot to get things done.
Besides enjoying IETF work, I am also member of OWASP (Open Web
Application Security Project) and probably have seen every web app
security problem in the book (and some which aren't).
When I read the drafts and saw the BOF proposal before Maastricht, I
feel very excited about it.
In the past I always worked around some of the problems posed by
underlying infrastructure and this is a great opportunity to remedy some
of the problems at the root!

Whatever I can do to help (even if it's not directly related to the WG),
please feel free to contact me via email, phone, skype,...  and of
course during IETF meetings. I am looking forward to work with you, the
progress of the WG, its charter and the three initial drafts and getting
things done!

Many greetings, Tobias

Ps.: as Peter mentioned we are still looking for a co-chair: Personally,
I feel a WG is faster and more productive with two co-chairs then just
one. So if you think about co-chairing with me, please please drop me a
note.

Tobias Gondrom
Sloan Fellowship 2009
London Business School