Re: [HASMAT] wrt port numbers - comment 51 bug 495115 (bugzilla.mozilla.org)

Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com> Sat, 17 July 2010 20:17 UTC

From: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:17:17 -0700
To: "Steingruebl, Andy" <asteingruebl@paypal.com>
Cc: IETF HASMAT list <hasmat@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [HASMAT] wrt port numbers - comment 51 bug 495115 (bugzilla.mozilla.org)

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Steingruebl, Andy
<asteingruebl@paypal.com> wrote:
> [...]

Oh, I agree with that.  I guess what I meant was we'd be better off
having more dials to turn, each of which does something clear and
understandable, rather than having a big on/off switch that does
something complicated and mysterious.

For example, in the original ForceHTTPS proposal, we had "I don't want
mixed content" layered on as well.  We took that out because we
thought it made sense to be able to control that piece of policy
independently.

Adam