[hiprg] Flow handover problem for multi-homed HIP hosts

"Zhangfeng HU" <zfhu2001@163.com> Wed, 01 December 2010 06:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:35:10 +0800
From: "Zhangfeng HU" <zfhu2001@163.com>
To: "hiprg" <hiprg@irtf.org>
Subject: [hiprg] Flow handover problem for multi-homed HIP hosts

Hi all,
Flow mobility in the NETEXT group is now a hot topic, but I want to know if there is anything else discussed in the area of flow mobility in HIP work group, in addition to the paper “Policy Based Flow Management with the Host Identity Protocol for Multi-homed Hosts”. I think that in HIP the transport layer port number can be used to identify a specific flow, so we can handover specific flows between different interfaces by sending extended UPDATE messages which include the transport layer port number and the value of the specified SPI, as well as IP address.
Is that right? Thanks.

Zhangfeng HU, PhD candidate of
Broadband Network Research Center,
State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology,
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China

Email:zfhu2001@gmail.com
Tel:86+13811892137
2010-12-01