Re: [hiprg] HIP experiment report comment on opportunistic mode

"Henderson, Thomas R" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com> Fri, 09 December 2011 05:35 UTC

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <thomas.r.henderson@boeing.com>
To: 'Miika Komu' <mkomu@cs.hut.fi>, "hiprg@irtf.org" <hiprg@irtf.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:35:22 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [hiprg] HIP experiment report comment on opportunistic mode

OK, I will delete the sentence mentioning controversy, and add a sentence at the end of the paragraph that states:  "However, the Linux implementation was more challenging as described below."  The following two paragraphs already go into the details.

> Btw, I would appreciate if you could reference also the following paper
> in the report:
>
> Kristiina Karvonen, Miika Komu and Andrei Gurtov, Usable Security
> Management with Host Identity Protocol, published in The 7th ACS/IEEE
> International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA-
> 2009)
>
> It supplements opportunistic and normal HIP experiments with usability
> test results. We also report experiences from using a graphical end-
> host
> firewall. I would kindly ask a reference, e.g., to section 2.3.2:
>
> "...or by prompting the user using a graphical interface to explicitly
> accept the connection [REF]."

Thanks, I was not aware of this interesting paper.  Will be added to the -15 draft.

- Tom