[Hipsec-rg] future work on naming objects in HIP

miika.komu at hiit.fi (Miika Komu) Tue, 21 April 2009 06:30 UTC

From: "miika.komu at hiit.fi"
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:30:12 +0300
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] future work on naming objects in HIP

Henderson, Thomas R wrote:

Hi,

> [...]

I'd support the document to become an RG item. If nothing else, I can at
least offer feedback. Few comments below:

   * I suggest that authors adopt proposal #2 as suggested in section
5.3.2 because it is more backwards compatible than #1.
   * What are the implications of sending object id in R1 or I2 instead
of HOST_ID? It affects the HIT calculation and signatures are not
needed. Do we need HIPv2 in the header or a new critical flag?
   *  RFID communications probably requires running HIP without IP, or
does it? If yes, this has some implications on the way the HIP header
checksum should be calculated and we need discuss about fragmentation
issues. Also, I am not so familiar with mobility mechanisms in ad-hoc
networks.
   * Do the authors have plans to implement the draft?