[Hipsec-rg] future work on naming objects in HIP

gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov) Tue, 21 April 2009 14:06 UTC

From: "gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi"
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:06:15 +0300
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] future work on naming objects in HIP

I think the topic is interesting, and could be pursued in HIPRG.
However, probably it would be better not to take any of existing drafts
as-is as RG item, but rather to create a new id on the object naming
where all interested researchers could contribute. The draft would
concentrate more on conceptual requirements and architecture rather than
specific modifications of HIP headers, etc. This way there is a greater
chance that there is going to be critical mass in the RG to support the
draft through several revisions (and several years, to be realistic)
until publication as RFC. My concern is if we take some existing draft
directly, probably there will be little interest in RG other than from
draft authors to work on the document. What do you think?

Andrei

Henderson, Thomas R wrote:

> [...]

- --
Andrei Gurtov  gurtov at hiit.fi  http://www.hiit.fi/~gurtov
Principal Scientist, PhD
Adjunct Professor
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT)
TKK, Finland