[Hipsec] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-30: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 26 February 2020 17:11 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal@ietf.org, hip-chairs@ietf.org, hipsec@ietf.org, Gonzalo Camarillo <gonzalo.camarillo@ericsson.com>, gonzalo.camarillo@ericsson.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:11:55 -0800
Subject: [Hipsec] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-30: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-30: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

COMMENT:

Thanks for addressing my discuss points and most of my other comments. I
believe the following comments from my previous ballot are still valid:

I agree with other ADs that it is not clear to me why this mechanism is needed
in addition RFC5770. This is a use case for ICE and I would think that re-using
existing code and library would make implementation easier, faster and less
error-prone. I especially agree to the comments from Adam!

Other comments:

4) sec 4.8: "When a host does not receive
   acknowledgments, e.g., to an UPDATE or CLOSE packet after a timeout
   based on local policies, a host SHOULD resend the packet through the
   associated Data Relay Server of the peer (if the peer listed it in
   its LOCATOR_SET parameter in the base exchange."
I did not really find anything about this in section 5.10 of RFC5770. In think
the timeout needs to be further specified.