Re: [HOKEY] [IPsec] IKEv2 and ERP

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Wed, 23 November 2011 08:05 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: 'Qin Wu' <bill.wu@huawei.com>, Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:03:56 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Cc: IPsecme WG <ipsec@ietf.org>, "hokey@ietf.org" <hokey@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [HOKEY] [IPsec] IKEv2 and ERP

Thanks, Qin

I wonder what the rationale is for this. Why would a phone that's already on the Internet connect to the visited network rather than the home network. Is that because of concerns about bandwidth and latency?

Anyway, is there a use case for ERP in those cases?

Yoav