Re: [homenet] “Hybrid Access for Broadband Networks” (WT-348)

Xueli <xueli@huawei.com> Tue, 28 October 2014 04:11 UTC

From: Xueli <xueli@huawei.com>
To: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>, Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@nominum.com>, "STARK, BARBARA H" <bs7652@att.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 04:10:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.97.86]
Cc: HOMENET Working Group <homenet@ietf.org>, "mif@ietf.org" <mif@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [homenet] “Hybrid Access for Broadband Networks” (WT-348)

Hello Alex

Thank you for your nice comment.
The scenario here is for the fixed operators rather than the mobile phone for higher bandwidth.
I make this clarification in the new version architecture draft as:
” Hosts in the customer site may connect to the Internet through the
   CPE, the 3G/4G network, or both.  In most cases the majority of the
   hosts connects to the Internet through the CPE only and will
   experience slow Internet access when the bandwidth provided by the
   fixed access network is fully utilized (e.g., the traffic over the
   fixed access network reached its maximum capacity or a pre-specified
   threshold set by the operator).
So we are considering the scenario with CPE extension with multiple access networks.

I would like to know additional information on the internet drafts you mentioned, do you mind to provide more information on this?

Best Regards
Li