Re: [homenet] draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-08

"Ray Hunter (v6ops)" <v6ops@globis.net> Fri, 02 April 2021 12:07 UTC

To: Daniel Migault <daniel.migault=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <volz@cisco.com>, "draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options@ietf.org>, "homenet@ietf.org" <homenet@ietf.org>, Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca>
From: "Ray Hunter (v6ops)" <v6ops@globis.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 14:07:34 +0200
Subject: Re: [homenet] draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-08

Hi Daniel,

I have a question both for this draft and our "own" Homenet draft

Up until now we've been passing the specification of the DM * Reverse DM
connections via separate configuration parameters: address/name, port
number, and transport protocol.

Should we instead be using a DNS URI from
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4501?

That reduces the DM spec to a single parameter that is also extensible
for the future.

regards,