[http-auth] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual-10: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 03 November 2016 01:57 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 18:57:53 -0700
Cc: http-auth@ietf.org, draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual@ietf.org, httpauth-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [http-auth] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual-10: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual-10: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual/

COMMENT:

Most of my comments have already been covered by others.

I agree with others that the introduction really needs more editing.

I share the question about the IPR section. In general, IETF stream
documents are not expected to contain licensing language beyond that in
the TLP. OTOH, that's about copyright, and this is clearly not--but I
wonder why the existing IPR disclosure is not sufficient. If the section
is to remain,  I suggest making sure this has been reviewed by someone
from the IETF trust prior to publication.

- Section 16: I don't think 2119 MUSTs are appropriate for IANA
instructions.
-- I think the registration policy you are looking for is "Specification
Required".