Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key-03.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2026 07:31:53 -0700
List-Id: <ietf-http-wg.w3.org>

Internet-Draft draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key-03.txt is now available. It
is a work item of the HTTP (HTTPBIS) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   HTTP Signature-Key Header
   Authors: Dick Hardt
            Thibault Meunier
   Name:    draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key-03.txt
   Pages:   23
   Dates:   2026-04-04

Abstract:

   This document defines the Signature-Key HTTP header field for
   distributing public keys used to verify HTTP Message Signatures as
   defined in RFC 9421.  Five initial key distribution schemes are
   defined: pseudonymous inline keys (hwk), self-issued key delegation
   via JWK Thumbprint JWTs (jkt-jwt), identified signers with JWKS URI
   discovery (jwks_uri), JWT-based delegation (jwt), and X.509
   certificate chains (x509).  These schemes enable flexible trust
   models ranging from privacy-preserving pseudonymous verification to
   PKI-based identity chains and horizontally-scalable delegated
   authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-hardt-httpbis-signature-key-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts