Re: IETF solution for pairing cellular hosts

"Pars Mutaf" <pars.mutaf@gmail.com> Mon, 08 October 2007 09:24 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=FgWQC7IpJrFbu7qfKqKoobd3BKoyeGLDJ60Vm00iuuE=; b=DCml4eaYxt6LhZjmDm3fCGn53vBg4MXubRp2ZS4lovayI+g2pGnyogzxeQtUjSLKNx0volKf1IqHof7YxkBskeFfNjvFuYSvnuO3g+e7r1HMo3E2a4bwS0X3s7m/3DvZmislP+2mi53pAvoku/weAeQIz5HtNeNvXFDhlumieEg=
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:23:45 +0200
From: "Pars Mutaf" <pars.mutaf@gmail.com>
To: "Virendra Gandhi" <viren23@gmail.com>, humanresolvers@ietf.org
Subject: Re: IETF solution for pairing cellular hosts

Hi Viendra,

You are suggesting that a cell phone can also be used
for searching services, the nearest gas station etc.
(why not the nearest chinese restaurant in this case), i.e.
not only people's phone numbers.

Personally I'm not sure we can prove this kind of use cases.
People can always suggest using Google?
(i.e. finding gas station locations on a Google map).

The cell phone pairing problem is more obvious to me.
You don't want to publish your phone number. Because
it is private.
(and other problems like the difficulty of manually exchanging
SIP URIs, Mobile IPv6 home addresses etc.)

Comments?

pars

PS: Thanks. Could we stay focused on the problem statement,
and talk about naming solutions later?