Re: [Sip] IETF solution for pairing cellular hosts

"Pars Mutaf" <pars.mutaf@gmail.com> Fri, 28 September 2007 11:18 UTC

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=cMILQ40zaiPGDHQSyGUUXI8AIdPRqzeOz/RSVJfmQWY=; b=urvK3VZ22/jCfeNrWVY05qB+TBjqnaNxb7Oazg0wOUUMfjgt1FzBF293/f+FUqGhUr7DVZ7NnlJcJMpLck3cy2JYFI/NDPZSv2r3lqcUvjgb4cMSATdtRePGPNK02yxths4L++cOMpG9G4Ebz8QSo83o2yfoJCKZYTZTYGeeX+Q=
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:17:56 +0200
From: Pars Mutaf <pars.mutaf@gmail.com>
To: Dean Willis <dean.willis@softarmor.com>
Cc: sip@ietf.org, Dale.Worley@comcast.net, humanresolvers@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Sip] IETF solution for pairing cellular hosts

Hello,

Thanx for the message, I hope you and (other SIP experts)
subscribe to the ML:

Personally, I'm not sure if we need a store/forward
solution. We probably don't want to store a pairing
request message while the user is off-line. Because
the request message itself can be used for SPAM.

Maybe a real-time solution is preferable. I.e., if
the target user is off-line we don't care. The querier
needs to try later to get the user's consent.

Personally, I'm also against a SIP-based solution.
This is my personal opinion and of course open to
discussion.

I really hope we can talk about these issues.

Thanks,
pars