Re: [hybi] Comments about draft-13

Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> Thu, 08 September 2011 01:27 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:29:30 +1000
From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
To: John Tamplin <jat@google.com>
Cc: hybi@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [hybi] Comments about draft-13

John

if we interpret multiple protocols in the same way that we interpret
multiple extensions, then it does make sense.   Ie there is an
ordering of protocols, so if you had "oauth","chat"  then the oauth
protocol would be given the messages first and it could consume them
and generate replies before potentially passing messages to the chat
protocol.

Of course not all protocols will be additive in this way, but i think
it is still a needless restriction to have only 1.

But then it's not a big issue and unless everybody says +1 now, it's
not worth holding up the spec for.

cheers