Re: [hybi] WAMP RFC Draft Critique

Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein@tavendo.de> Mon, 05 October 2015 08:14 UTC

To: Emile Cormier <emile.cormier.jr@gmail.com>, "hybi@ietf.org" <hybi@ietf.org>
From: Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein@tavendo.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:14:46 +0200
Subject: Re: [hybi] WAMP RFC Draft Critique

Hi Emile,

 > I started reviewing the WAMP RFC draft. I wanted to be able to add
> comments to the text, annotate changes for fixing spelling/grammar, and
> annotate changes for improving the English prose. My proposed changes
> are too numerous to be done via email on a mailing list. I figured the
> best way to proceed was to simply annotate changes in my own GitHub fork
> of the WAMP RFC. If there is a better workflow for collaboration on the
> same Markdown document, please let me know.

I think what you touch here is a general, important question: workflow.

Historically, we've been using a GitHub based workflow for collaborating
on the WAMP spec: GH issues and discussion there plus pull-requests to
merge in changes.

This works quite well .. eg. I am able to review (and comment) on your
changes easily: