Re: [hybi] [whatwg] HttpOnly cookie for WebSocket?

Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com> Thu, 28 January 2010 11:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:03:51 +0200
From: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Hybi <hybi@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [hybi] [whatwg] HttpOnly cookie for WebSocket?

Hi Ian,

first I think it would be better have and maintain both whatwg and hybi
mailing list in any conversation
related to WebSocket

at the BoF in Hiroshima there was a clear consensus from all the
participants
(both the one physically present  and the one remotely attending via
streaming and chat)
to move the WebSocket standardization work within IETF community.
To be clear, the IETF community is not a closed community, all the
people involved in the
discussion (especially in the mail discussion) are the one forming the
IETF community.

the fact that there are already implementation of WebSocket (based on
the current draft)
already or ready to be shipped in browsers and servers is a good news,
that highlight even more the need to have a clear standard document;
so just to say one of the HyBi wg intention is to gather all the
experiences from people that have
implemented WebSocket so to eventually improve (if and only if
necessary) the current draft.

having said that, the work on HTTPState is also done within IETF community,
so discuss about the possible usage of HTTPState in WebWocket in the
same community can
give the possibility to people involved in HTTPState to express their
opinion and provide their comments

/Sal