Re: [hybi] A consensus-driven process

S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com> Mon, 16 August 2010 10:14 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 02:58:47 -0700
To: shelby@coolpage.com
From: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Cc: hybi@ietf.org, Joe Hildebrand <jhildebr@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [hybi] A consensus-driven process

Hi Shelby,
At 01:31 16-08-10, Shelby Moore wrote:
>I am trying to figure out if this was caused my me?

No, that was a message for the HyBi WG.  As some HyBi WG participants
might not be familiar with the IETF process, it is better to explain
how it works.

>Perhaps I did restart the debate because I didn't realize the 2 weeks
>hadn't elapse (remembered seeing that post but not making a mental note of
>when it was and not having time to go find it again...should have Googled
>I guess).  Should I stop posting for 4 more days?

I suggested a cooling down period (
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg03047.html ) as
there has been some comments which some participants might consider
as inappropriate.  Debates about technical issues are fine as long as
the topic falls within the HyBi WG Charter.  My previous message and
this message should not be construed as restricting your posting rights.

>As far as I remember, I have not intentionally issued any personal
>admonitions.  Anything can be misinterpreted.  I have written some
>comments about natural law (entropy, 2nd law of thermo, fundamental
>theorems of computer science), with a claim that the enterprise control
>model of security will die.  I apologize if that offended any one, it
>wasn't intended to be an attack on any person or company in the enterprise
>business.  And I am not pushing for the group to endorse a single
>transport to try to force that outcome.  I am merely trying to help push
>for factual discovery which i am starting to think will lean us towards
>needing to support multiple transport options.  I don't want any xx% to
>inpinge on the other xx%, but again I am not vested in the outcome because
>I don't believe groups can harm me (because in the end I am happy with a
>simple life even I lost everything else).

I'll comment on the above off-list.

>Please let me know in private or public, if I am being in any way
>threatening to any person or company.

I haven't received any reports about that.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
HyBi WG Secretary