[hybi] Issue tracking

S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com> Mon, 16 August 2010 07:04 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 00:04:34 -0700
To: hybi@ietf.org
From: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Subject: [hybi] Issue tracking

Hello,

On 12 May 2010, the WG Chair commented [1] on the intention to use
the issue tracker [2] to better track the progress of WG documents as
well as the consensus on some particular topic/issue.  Please refer
to the thread of the discussion before rehashing the comments.

This working group has been churning over 20 messages a day.  It's
time-consuming to sift through these messages and identify issues
that are not in the tracker.

The HyBi WG Chairs posted the following clarification [3] [4]:

1) Anyone is welcome to suggest issues,
    only the chairs are allowed to create a new issues!

2) We discuss the issues on the list for a while

3)  Issues related to WG documents will be initially
     assigned to editor.

4) the assignee (or the WG document authors) come up with a form of words that
    they think matches the consensus and attach a diff to the trac

5) if there is a consensus on the text, the editor will add it to
    the WG document and the issues will be closed.
    if there is no consensus on the text go back to 4)

The working group can either adopt the above proposal or discuss
about it again, and a  participant can submit an alternative
proposal.  As this is volunteer work, I would like to thank anyone
who believes that there is a better way for volunteering to help me
in doing the work.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy
HyBi WG Secretary