Re: [hybi] A consensus-driven process

"Shelby Moore" <shelby@coolpage.com> Mon, 16 August 2010 08:30 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 04:31:10 -0400
From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
To: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>
Cc: hybi@ietf.org, Joe Hildebrand <jhildebr@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [hybi] A consensus-driven process

I am trying to figure out if this was caused my me?

Perhaps I did restart the debate because I didn't realize the 2 weeks
hadn't elapse (remembered seeing that post but not making a mental note of
when it was and not having time to go find it again...should have Googled
I guess).  Should I stop posting for 4 more days?

As far as I remember, I have not intentionally issued any personal
admonitions.  Anything can be misinterpreted.  I have written some
comments about natural law (entropy, 2nd law of thermo, fundamental
theorems of computer science), with a claim that the enterprise control
model of security will die.  I apologize if that offended any one, it
wasn't intended to be an attack on any person or company in the enterprise
business.  And I am not pushing for the group to endorse a single
transport to try to force that outcome.  I am merely trying to help push
for factual discovery which i am starting to think will lean us towards
needing to support multiple transport options.  I don't want any xx% to
inpinge on the other xx%, but again I am not vested in the outcome because
I don't believe groups can harm me (because in the end I am happy with a
simple life even I lost everything else).

Please let me know in private or public, if I am being in any way
threatening to any person or company.