[I18ndir] I18ndir early review of draft-ietf-regext-epp-eai-10

Yoshiro Yoneya via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 02 June 2022 01:04 UTC

From: Yoshiro Yoneya via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: i18ndir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-regext-epp-eai.all@ietf.org, regext@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 18:04:52 -0700
Subject: [I18ndir] I18ndir early review of draft-ietf-regext-epp-eai-10

Reviewer: Yoshiro Yoneya
Review result: Ready with Issues

  This draft is in good shape regarding protocol.  Regarding to operation,
  having an additional guidance for registrar transfer from EAI supporting
  registrar to non EAI supporting registrar would be better.

Major issues:

  None.

Minor issues:

  When a registrant who has only EAI contact addresses attempts to transfer a
  domain from EAI supporting registrar to another non EAI supporting registrar,
  then transfer of contact information will cause failure.  If there were
  additional operational guidance addressing this issue in this draft will be
  helpful for registrar operators.  For example, when loosing registrar who is
  supporting EAI received a transfer request, it should check whether the
  registrant has only EAI contact addresses, and if it was true, the registrar
  should advice the registrant to provide alternative ASCII contact addresses
  in advance for the successful transfer.