Re: [I18nrp] The evolutionary future of IDNA (was: Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-unicode11-05.txt> (IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0) to Informational RFC)

Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com> Thu, 06 December 2018 21:57 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 22:56:57 +0100
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>, i18nrp@ietf.org
From: Jefsey <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Subject: Re: [I18nrp] The evolutionary future of IDNA (was: Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-unicode11-05.txt> (IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0) to Informational RFC)

John,
as a zone and DDDS  r&d manager I would:
1. favor "don't register what you don't understand"
2. and close shop as I don't understand anything 100% for sure.
My need as an Internet/IETF user would be the IETF to progressively
cancel every RFCs; replacing them by a single maintained consistent
internet user book. This would lead RFCs to include "IUB
considerations" rather becoming a dumb 10,000 publications pile.
Who can read, understand and apply 10.000 RFCs of which many of them
are obsolete but have left traces?
jfc