[I18nrp] FWD: Re: [Idna-update] [I18n-discuss] draft-faltstrom-unicode11, i18n "directorate", and related issues

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Tue, 04 December 2018 21:56 UTC

Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 16:56:31 -0500
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: i18nrp@ietf.org
cc: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: [I18nrp] FWD: Re: [Idna-update] [I18n-discuss] draft-faltstrom-unicode11, i18n "directorate", and related issues

Hi.

Since this list --the one set up for the BOF and trying to
figure out how to make progress on i18n issues-- is almost
certainly the one to which Ted's note should have been copied, I
am forwarding it for information and without (at least at this
time) further comment.

As the last part of the note below will make obvious (I was
planning on noting it to this list separately) I decided to
summarize what I believe the discussion was about to the
IDNA-update, EAI, PRECIS, and IAB i18n-discuss lists to lower
the odds that someone who should be participating in the
discussion is accidentally left out of the loop.

best,
    john