Subject: [I2nsf] Introduction to I2ICF (Interface to In-Network Computing Functions)
From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
To: Operations and Management Area Working Group <[email-masked]>, nmrg-chairs <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Kehan Yao <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>, skku-iotlab-members <[email-masked]>, "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2024 18:33:08 +0900
List-Id: "*I2NSF: Interface to Network Security Functions mailing list*" <i2nsf.ietf.org>

Hi OPSAWG, NMRG, NMOP, and NEOTEC,
Let me introduce a new group called I2ICF (Interface to In-Network
Computing Functions):
---
The I2ICF group tries to standardize a framework and its interfaces to
configure, monitor,
and manage In-Network Computing Functions (ICF) in Computing in the Network
(COIN) and
comes up with a framework to manage such ICFs in an autonomous way. An ICF
is a
Programmable Network Device (PND) in an In-Network Computing (INC)
environment that
can have multiple kinds of capabilities to provision a user's service,
consisting of Network
Functions (NFs) and Application Functions (AFs).

The I2ICF aims at a standard framework and interfaces for provisioning ICFs
for the requested
services in an Edge or Cloud. It can collaborate with CATS WG for
computing-aware traffic steering
at edge and cloud computing systems.
---

We I2ICF had a side meeting (named I2INF) in the last IETF-121 meeting.
We are planning a Non-WG-Forming BoF in the IETF-122 meeting in Bangkok.

Here is the GitHub repository for this I2ICF group:
https://github.com/jaehoonpauljeong/I2INF

The meeting agenda, minutes, slides, video clip, and drafts of IETF-121
I2ICF Side Meeting are located in:
https://github.com/jaehoonpauljeong/I2INF/tree/main/Side-Meeting/IETF-121

Thanks for your interest and support.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Paul Jeong and Kehan Yao
-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong
Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Sungkyunkwan University
Phone: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
URI: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaehoonjeong/