[I2nsf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 22 October 2018 16:33 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: i2nsf@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 09:33:06 -0700
Subject: [I2nsf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03.txt

This draft is a work item of the Interface to Network Security Functions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based IPsec Flow Protection
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Gabriel Lopez-Millan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document describes how providing IPsec-based flow protection by
   means of a Software-Defined Network (SDN) controller (aka.  Security
   Controller) and establishes the requirements to support this service.
   It considers two main well-known scenarios in IPsec: (i) gateway-to-
   gateway and (ii) host-to-host.  The SDN-based service described in
   this document allows the distribution and monitoring of IPsec
   information from a Security Controller to one or several flow-based
   Network Security Function (NSF).  The NSFs implement IPsec to protect
   data traffic between network resources with IPsec.

   The document focuses in the NSF Facing Interface by providing models
   for Configuration and State data model required to allow the Security
   Controller to configure the IPsec databases (SPD, SAD, PAD) and IKEv2
   to establish security associations with a reduced intervention of the
   network administrator.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03