Re: [I2rs-proto-dt] I2RS Protocol Document - Please review on Tuesday (10/20/2015)

Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org> Tue, 20 October 2015 18:53 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:57:41 -0400
From: Jeffrey Haas <jhaas@pfrc.org>
To: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
Cc: i2rs-proto-dt@ietf.org, 'Kent Watsen' <kwatsen@juniper.net>, "'Eric Voit (evoit)'" <evoit@cisco.com>, 'Andy Bierman' <andy@yumaworks.com>
Subject: Re: [I2rs-proto-dt] I2RS Protocol Document - Please review on Tuesday (10/20/2015)

In the section on referential validation, there's a tricky implication: If
you have ephemeral nodes underneath non-ephemeral config=true, and those
config=true have referential checks, do they get ignored because an
ephemeral node is intantiated under the non-ephemeral?

I think no, we continue to do the validation.  Yes, it will impact the
speed.

If you need the speed, you don't have ephemeral state instantiated that may
need to be free of such checks.

-- Jeff